Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rainy Day

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since my last post and I figured I should probably fill you in on what has happened in the last week or so. I finished a knitting project which was yarn that my sister gave me which was really fun to knit. I ended up making a really pretty shawl out of it and I am really proud of my first project! It was so much fun and I am already almost done with the second scarf
with the yarn I bought at Skein Attraction (from previous post).




Mike and I traveled down to Virginia this past Thursday for Louise's memorial service which was held yesterday. The service was held at the church Louise belonged to and the seating ended up being filled to maximum capacity. It was such a beautiful service, with many kind words and memories about Louise and her life shared with others and reflecting on her past growing up as a child. The room was filled with a peaceful energy and I could definitely feel her presence within the room amongst all of her friends and loved ones. As the service was closing, Mike and his brother walked onto the stage while Mike read a beautiful speech and a letter he wrote for his mother. Following the speech, Mike composed a touching and beautiful slideshow with photos of his mother, showcasing her life chronologically. Accompanying the photos was classical music that Louise had played on the piano throughout her life, which was so touching and moving because it made the photos come alive. To end the slideshow, there were two videos of Louise at different points in her life which were so beautiful but hard at the same time to watch. It was such an emotional presentation and Mike did such a wonderful job at portraying his mothers life and spirit within this slideshow. Following the service, was dinner at Jade Villa with family and close friends. I got to meet Mike's great aunt and uncle which was really nice as well as other extended family members.

We are driving down two cars now, since Mike inherited his mothers Volkswagen which is stick shift. It is a nice car and we are looking forward to driving the Volkswagen around...oh and its a convertible too...yipee! :) We were going to leave this morning to head back home, but the weather is really crummy and since it is my first long road trip, as well as my first time distance driving the civic and Mike's first time driving the Volkswagen stick shift, we decided it would be best to wait until tomorrow when the weather is better. I'm kind of nervous simply because I've never driven a long distance road trip (7 hours) by myself. It should be fun and I have to keep telling myself that I will be just fine once I hop in the car and follow Mike. I definitely have a tendency to worry a lot before I dip my feet in, but once I do I am just fine! :) I love trying new things and although I am a little nervous, this is one of them!








No comments:

Post a Comment