Friday, May 28, 2010

A lot to talk about!

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted something on this blog! I know I can run up and down with excuses but life really has been hectic so I have put this blog on the backburner.


I recently started a new job, about two months ago, for a senior home. I love working here and getting to know the residents who all have their own stories to tell. Some of the residents can be difficult but the majority of them are so wonderful and fun to talk to. My co workers are equally as nice, but i find it hard to get along with most of them being that there is a major age difference and a lot of cattyness in this work enviroment. I recently have had some issues with management, switching my hours around after only being here for two months. It was based aparently on the residents complaining about my work and that the residents felt insecure under my watch. I am new and they are still getting to know me and so far from ths truth, it hurts and angers me. I put my 100% dedication to this job and the residents, that after only being here for two months they should at least give me credit for the wonderful job I have been performing while being here and learning the ropes in such a short time span. I have lost a lot of respect for the company and disinterest in my job from this. It does not motivate me to do the best work I can, when they are bumping me down for no justified reason. The only reason I am here and smiling is because of the residents who make coming to work cheerful and joyful. I know from the bottom of my heart that the residents never intended for me to get bumped down to the part time shift. Residents complain about a lot of things, and this is something management knows which is why it does not merrit me getting shafted when others have not. I am done with this rant....whew...


On a lighter and happier note, Mike and I went to a lovely Bed & Breakfast for our Anniversary :) We had such a lovely weekend together have been doing a lot of fun thing with the apartment! We recenlt purchased a new couch which is beautiful! It is a blueish tweed color with a sophisticated frame while being very comfy. Mike and I were really looking for comfort since we wanted a couch that would feel good to lay/sit down on. Boo seems to really like the couch as well and the good thing is she hasn't been stratching! :) We also recently painted the livingroom a nice soft off white/yellowish color which has really brightened up the livingroom! We also now have our bedroom a different color, which was inspired by our recent stay at a Bed & Breakfast for our anniversary. The color is a very warm earthy taupe, and it is so much more relaxing and soothing than the white we had before. I came home after work and Mike had painted the whole entire bedroom! My jaw dropped, because it was a lot of hard work for just one day! I don't know how he does it, but when he has a project or his mind set he gets it done so quickly and does such an amazing job. I'm a very lucky lady :)


Another exciting thing that is happening in my life is that I'm considering going to school for nursing! I am still considering teaching as well, and I'm torn between which career path I should take. My mother is a teacher and said that now is not the time to be a teacher. I guess I can always go back to school for teaching if I want to later on. I just feel that nursing would be really rewarding, especially with the growing medical needs of our population. I have always had a very nurturing and caring personality, which is very essential for nursing. Mike's cousin and aunt are both nurses so I'm going to ask them information about the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment